Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Great Debates

Ahhhhh, the debates. It's all everyone is talking about these days. So I thought I'd just put things to a vote here, tally and be done with it.

We all know what's at the center of all the commotion.


The J. Peterman Portrait dress.

Remember this trip? Well it's coming up and major decisions must be decided upon.

So let's dig right in and start with the tougher issues. The shoes.

These (very Audrey Hepburn)



Or these (a little more grown up)



Don't let the blocks and blocks of Chicago walking deter you from voting heels. 'Fashion first' is our campaign slogan. Hence the J. Peterman benchmark.

On to the hose. There have been a few voices of concern over monochromania.



To break things up, some have suggested nude.



Or, my personal suggestion, to spice things up a bit,



Moving on, gloves. There are six of us dressing alike. We are going for the vintage chic thing. Like these chicks.



See their gloves?

Well, with black shoes and black dress, do you do black or white gloves?

This chick did white, and she looks pretty vintage.



But this chick did black, and she is the definition of vintage chic.



Moving on to the mouth. No. Let's do eyes first. Smoky or natural?





And, depending on what you voted for eyes, what for mouth? Vintage red or natural? I can tell right now, the former would wind up all over the place. But it's cool.





And finally, the toughest issue of all, the hair. I think up for sure (but you can vote down). But if up, high-fashion, modern pony or sloppy, side-parted chignon? Very tough.





These are the issues currently keeping me up at night. Please help Miss Ive get some rest. Vote. Otherwise, smoky eyes will be necessary to hide very, very, very tired eyes.

Oh my God, I forgot the clutch. Must start all over now.

8 comments:

The Suzzzz said...

The beautiful thing about style is that it is individual in nature and I LUFFED all your choices.

What looks best on you? What makes you feel Glamorous?

For dressing up I like REAL stockings, as in the kind with a garter belt, french or cuban heel, and back seam. But that's just me.

http://www.secretsinlace.com/

OR

http://www.stockingstore.com/

If I were going I would wear my silk, french heeled, seamed stockings with garter belt. Red leather gloves and black hat. I prefer round toed shoes but with a high stacked heel, a la Betty Page with a littl bow on the tow...or my second favorite pair of shoes which you've seen on my blog.

Makeup. I almost never wear lipstick, usually just a sheer lipglass from MAC or if I want something more dramatic I use Midnight Swirl by Revlon in Sassy Sangria...nice shine. For Eyes I would use my bare escentuals glimmer loose powder, true gold all over, summer in the crease, and saucy applied wet on the lid.

Hair. Hmmm mine isn't long enough to do a real cignon and its very slick and tends to slide out of pony tails and buns. I would wear it with one side swept back in a silver comb, just above/behind the ear.

The Suzzzz said...

On you (just based on photos I've seen) I would say.

The fishnets, kitten heels, black gloves, smokey eye, medium-dark red velvet lip color, and cignon. International woman of mystery look.

Play dress up and go with whatever makes you rediculously happy.

Brian and Becky said...

Darn, I must say, nachista stole my thoughts on what I would say for you.

Myself, I prefer heels, oddly similar in description to what nachista stated.

Love the fishnet idea. Love it. But for all 6 people? Too much perhaps. How about a classic black with a stripe up the back? If we can't find them, we will use our eyeliner - now that's vintage.

Anonymous said...

A word on make-up: smoky eyes + red lipstick + pulled back hair + black dresses=a group of women who look like they stepped out of a Robert Palmer video. Probably not the look you're going for.

Miss Ive said...

I'm pretty sure the red lips are going to have to go. I agree with the 'Robert Palmer' thing. Plus, the poor waitstaff at the restaurant. Can you just see the wine glasses and linens? It'll look like a battle field in Braveheart.

I'm also loving Nachista's and Becky's vote for sheer black nylons with seem up back. Very vintage and fun.

M.I.

Anonymous said...

Miss Ive - I can't decide.

JF

Anonymous said...

Try them all on for me!!!

Fashion show at lunch!!!
Fashion show at lunch!!!
Fashion show at lunch!!!

John Johnson

The Suzzzz said...

Pre-event Deva Fashion show! I've done this before, photograph the options you have and post for a vote.