Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Larks: 2


This is Lark #2. Her identity must remain even more secret. Why? Well, sadly, we share a love for one great man. But we play fair. We write to him daily and sometimes compete over who we believe his favorite to be.


She is feisty and articulate, though, so I cannot dislike her. Actually, truth be told, I genuinely respect her. Sometimes I read her letters, and have to admit, she is a worthy rival.

She joins us in Chicago after a solo road trip, for our whirlwind adventure. A true adventurer herself.

Any more hints? I'll let her leave them if she so chooses, in the comments below.

Oh, and I hope she doesn't mind, but I've taken the liberty to post one of her letters to our mutual friend, of which he was particularly fond. It describes one of her adventures, not taken with the girls, but all by herself. A truly grand way to have an adventure.

"One of my Greatest Fears was eating alone, in a restaurant, a hostess seats you to a table, waitstaff tells you the specials type of a restaurant. Don't really know why cuz I do the Movie or shopping thing alone all the time...


Anyway in Labor Day I decided to face this fear of mine, (I know its not like a fear of sharks but hey I live in the midwest the closest thing I have to sharks are Lampries & I already caught one those) so I got all dresse dup I'm talking dressy top & skirt, heels, make up, & clutch purse and drove around town until I found a a place that I felt like eating at. Walked up to the two 16yr olds at the hostess stand & said table for 1 please. (WITHOUT FAINTING, it was Shocking I tell you) It was not that busy but I was left waiting for 10 minutes.... Then the table they led me to was never even close to have been occupied at all that evening... I think the hostess thought maybe someone would show up & I wouldn't be alone. I ordered a drink (it ws AWFUL, never will order another mojito there EVER) ordered off the menu, people watched, had dessert (Creme Brule was not that good either) paid the bill & walked out. The funny thing was that I had the feeling that the staff was trying to rush me out. That having someone eat alone was a bad for their image or something.


Nonetheless to my GREATEST SURPRISE I ENJOYED it & can't wait to do it again. Of course this time it will be at a different restaurant."

Find more of our mutual letters of admiration at Peterman's Eye.

Very gushy stuff. I warn. There is just something about this particular gentleman. It's like sitting in your hair stylist's chair. You tell WAY MORE than you ever intended. Go ahead. Try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Ive ~ I'm overwhelmed at your description of me. Can't wait to actually see you in Chicago....Hopefully our verbal banter is as FAB as our daily written banter is......