Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Apology


This one is short and sweet, and certainly the one that makes me look ten shades of awful.

To the police officer (dressed in plain clothes, mind you) standing in front of our hotel,

I apologize for mistaking you for the doorman, tossing you my wrap, and commandeering your iPhone to place a call.

My sister and the director of our film, who saw the whole thing, took me to task, if it makes you feel any better.

Director: Where were you raised that you think any man standing in front of a building is a doorman?

Sister: Especially a man packing a nine millimeter?

Me: I did NOT.

Them: YOU DID.

Me: What did he do?

Them: Just grinned at you.

Me: Oh. Good.

Very sorry. Very, very sorry. Very rude girl. And thank you for the minutes. And the sense of humor.

No comments: