Thursday, September 25, 2008

Leftovers


I'm sure you all have pumpkin pancake and bourbon hangovers like me today. Can you tell which of these scenarios I chose?

Yeah. Numero tres. Only, unfortunately I was dressed for numero dos. Very sad, indeed.

This might help the picture~



So, time to pick self up in true Bridget Jones fashion and begin healthy, new woman regime.

Why, you ask, when the pancake binge was clearly such a success, would I want to cease such shenanigans?

Because, ever the fool, I ordered my Portrait Dress for the big Chicago trip from J. Peterman and Co. yesterday and I made a grave mistake. Ya know how we're all sort of between two sizes, always? Well thanks to bourbon-induced stupor, I ordered the smaller one. So midnight-pancake-bourbon binges are clearly a thing of the past.

Begin new-woman, healthy regime by raiding fridge and digging out can of leftover pumpkin. Also, plain yogurt. Stir together. If your head hurts very badly, like my own, then add some honey, too. Go ahead. Delicious. I call it pumpkin-pie pudding.

And, bonus, the pumpkin is great for bringing color back into your face and removing bags from under eyes. After eating, you will feel cleansed and new. Go look in the mirror. Really.

The only thing the pumpkin concoction will not do is wipe one's memory clean of the naked dancing. Ahhhhhhhh. The only thing that will help this is more bourbon. And more dancing. And, obviously, more pancakes.

Clearly, the smaller size was a smart move. Perhaps Mr. Peterman has one of these in my size?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your pumpkin obsession does not indicate a deeper, fetishistic attachment to all members of the squash family, for that way lies madness...however, the juxtaposition of bourbon, pancakes, bourbon, pancakes, leads obviously to a new recipe, in my opinion. Think about it. And, embrace the pleasures of aloneness, as in DOING JUST WHAT THOU PLEASETH! It can be refreshing-trust me.