Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On a Lark



lark1 [lahrk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. any of numerous, chiefly Old World oscine birds, of the family Alaudidae, characterized by an unusually long, straight hind claw, esp. the skylark, Alauda arvensis.

2. a merry, carefree adventure; frolic; escapade.

Well girls, remember this painting? And remember when I said I wanted to go see the real one?

It's official. We're going.

I need all of you to go to your calendars and let me know when. Don't post your dates—email me. Top secret. Shhhhh. Click on the profile link to the right and there is an email address on the left. Shooting for something between Nov. 1 and Dec. 6.

Oh, one more thing I need for right now. Please click on the arrow below and turn the volume all the way up. Jump around on your furniture and learn all the words. Will be playing this a lot on the road trip. You know, cuz it's a French painting, and all.



So excited for a lark.

More later.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

No boys allowed, right?

Anonymous said...

Dang it now I HAVE to watch the Triplets this weekend......Naybe should bring DVD along while on the Lark?

Anonymous said...

What site has lightly worn J. Peterman clothes?

Miss Ive said...

This Ebay store has new but greatly reduced J. Peterman clothing.

http://stores.ebay.com/Primrose-Street-Trading-Co

Also, don't forget to try the last-call store at his site for really good deals.

www.jpeterman.com

His clothes will be a great complement to this kind of adventure.

Will post more on wardrobe later.

Miss Ive

Anonymous said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/J-PETERMAN-Velvet-Holiday-Dress-8-NEW_W0QQitemZ200255206700QQihZ010QQcategoryZ63861QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

WOO HOO!

Brian and Becky said...

Will dancing like bobble heads (or Elaine) be allowed?

Miss Ive said...

Becky,

Listen to me very carefully (I am squeezing your cheeks right now like bossy aunt). I have purchased extra data storage for the sole purpose of recording two straight hours of your Elaine dance.

One thing, it has to be Coyote Ugly style. Up on the bar. Okay? I'll bring the muscle relaxers.

Ive

Miss Ive said...

And the link above to the velvet Peterman dress rocks.

A little sprig of holly for the hair.


A little eggnog and rum to dribble down the front. . .

Yes. I like it.

Anonymous said...

Um, I think we need to talk to Peterman about his nightwear selection before the trip:

http://jpeterman.com/product~cat~110206~sku~WSL%201019.asp

We're not gonna see a lot of action in these.

Miss Ive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Ive said...

Did you mean the Marie Antoinette? You don't think that's sexy? Whaaaa?

The Suzzzz said...

I am vera jealous! I probably won't be able to join you, but I have my fingers crossed that my fairy godmother will show up and send me your way. Although she's got her hands busy with getting me to the USMC Ball Nov. 3rd.

Brian and Becky said...

I will dust off my dancing shoes and start practicing for my marathon of moves.

It won't be the first time I've danced on a bar in Chicago - but possibly my last! ha.

Brian and Becky said...

**pink cheeks**