Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jerk that Pistol and Go To Work



Tombstone is one of my favorite movies of all time. Honestly, some of the dialogue and scene set-ups are bit obvious and forced, but talk about riddled with great quotes. Watch the clip. Every time I see this scene, it puts me in the mood to go out into the world and do my worst. Today is that kind of day. I dedicate this post to my friends who walk into the world in this mood every day. Enjoy.

Memorable quotes:

That's the rumor.

Shut up, Ike.

Age quod agis.

Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.

I spent my whole life not knowing what I want out of it, just chasing my tail. Now for the first time I know exactly what I want and who... that's the damnable misery of it.

There is no normal life, Wyatt, there's just life, ya live it.

It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm your huckleberry...

I'm a woman, I like men. If that means I'm not "lady-like", then I guess I'm just not a lady! At least I'm honest.

Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave.

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?

And one of my favorite exchanges of dialogue between Turkey Creek Jack Johnson and Doc Holiday:

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Why you doin' this, Doc?
Doc Holliday: Because Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: ...I don't.

You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.

It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear.


And the list goes on. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why Missive, you're not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

Anonymous said...

I'm YOUR huckleberry...