Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SNL for GOV



Does anyone remember how I kept hoping Tina Fey was pulling off the hugest SNL skit ever and actually running for VP? I was serious. Though, understandably, since I share her dry wit (pause for patting own back), you may not have realized I was. But I was. She's brilliant and politically savvy and, let's face it, you have to have a sense of humor to take on this mess.

So then I read the headlines today and learned that Stuart Smalley (aka Al Franken) was just elected to the US Senate.



And why wouldn't he be? The state of Minnesota, home of the great Lake Wobegon, has legally declared that he IS good enough. He IS smart enough. And gosh darn it, people DO like him.

Though I know very little about politics, my extensive knowledge of late-night, juvenile comedy may someday qualify me for a senior cabinet post.

One can hope.

2 comments:

rings90 said...

Oh Dear ~ You should have seen the ads from both Franken & the other guy. If I were a voter I would have written in MIckey Mouse. I kid you not.. They were worse than the National ads for the White House Position....

Wife and Mama said...

You have my vote, Miss Ive!