Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Michigan Film: Take One



Everyone knows about the recent wave of movies that have come to Michigan. Overnight, Detroit has gone from pretty scary to scary pretty, graced with faces like these:







If you read articles like this one from The Ann Arbor News, you'll see how much growth the film tax incentives have brought. "Two months after the bills were signed, the Michigan Film Office had received 49 applications from production companies interested in filming within the state. During all of 2007, it got just three applications."

Now, most of you know that Miss Ive writes A LOT. And some of you know that she is working on her second GO at a screenplay.

What you probably do not know is how much she is not hip to the idea of ever (EVAHHHH) moving to LA. And what you CERTAINLY do not know (possibly because it is absolutely untrue) is that it was all her idea that the movies come to her.

One thing that nobody can argue, is that this news confirms Miss Ive's sneaking suspicion that she leads a charmed life. And her favorite thing about the film business—truth is pretty irrelevant. It's whatever she says it is.

Anyone wanna be in her first film? (VERY SMALL PRINT: must be willing to rollerblade nekkid downtown Detroit in a foot of snow.)

5 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

Wasn't the Lark the first?!

If that doesn't count, I may have to pass on the second. Not a huge fan of rollerblading...but I will come to the premier. Love premiers.

rings90 said...

Can I just be A Key Grip? or better yet the Caterer? Or sonmething else behind thescenes that gets into the credits?

The Suzzzz said...

Can I FILM the person rollerblading buck-nekkid in a foot of snow?

I think I'd be a good script supervisor...I'm bossy like that.

Miss Ive said...

Is it crazy that, though I was mostly joking about the nekkid rollerblading film, with all my girls on board, I'm ready to shoot?

rings90 said...

Nachista ~ You be the Script Supervisor, I don't wnat to be the one to tell the director that there's 1 printed comma or semi colon on any of the pages... I'll just bring the food & Starbucks for everyone!!!